- 1 large Vidalia onion; appr.10-12 ounces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Peel and slice the onion in half. Then slice it in half again, and cut 3 of the sections into very fine slices. Take the last piece and mince it. Put the onion in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well until everything is thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof casserole and bake for 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- While the dip is baking, slice a baguette and place the slices on a hot grill pan to toast them on both sides. Serve with the hot dip.